Thermal & Electrical Utilities
Laying the Groundwork for Resilience
Your utility distribution network is the energy backbone of your campus, so the condition and construction of the infrastructure buried beneath your campus is critical. That's where we come in. RMF's team in the trenches is well-versed in the challenges and considerations of designing, implementing, and maintaining underground utility systems. We help to assess priorities and strategize plans that deliver the civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and thermal infrastructure needed to support the vision for your campus' future.
From Surveys to Solutions
Leaning on our in-house experts in district energy and MEP systems integration, we'll make sure our design strategies are fortified for flexibility for decades to come. Among our core capabilities:
- System-wide inventories – including manhole and tunnel inspections, as well as storm and sanitary system evaluations
- Routing, design, and installation plans – for duct banks, concrete utility trenches, walkable tunnels, and direct buried systems, as well as vaults, prefabricated piping networks, and steam systems
- New techniques and materials – including HDPE, HDPE RT, thin wall EN253 piping, and pre-insulated valves
- Phased replacement and relocation roadmaps
- Electrical distribution including upgrades for campus electrification
- Project cost estimation
Your Team is Our Team
We've cultivated long-standing relationships with our clients by establishing ourselves as an integral extension of their teams, some of which we've served as advisor, advocate, and partner for over 30 years. Our project portfolio is vast and varied, but our ability to adapt that experience to each client's distinct needs is really what drives our success. We're on-site during construction frequently and consistently to keep projects moving in the right direction. From meeting with budget planners to navigating conversations with municipal utility companies, we’re with you every step of the way. We've even helped to digitize records, using GIS mapping technology to develop databases for utility line locations and infrastructural details. Whatever your goals are, helping you to see them realized is our main objective.