In support of the “Assure/Expand Chilled Water Capacity” project at the NIH Bethesda Campus RMF was contracted to provide full time on-site Construction Quality Management (CQM) and Commissioning (Cx) Services. The key components of the Thermal Energy Storage System (TESS) consisted of the following:
- Demolition of existing Building 34.
- New eight million gallon chilled water storage tank, 1 inch thick steel.
- The TESS Tank was 120 feet in diameter and 100 feet tall.New two-level building, housing: pumps, piping, related equipment, controls, electrical distribution system and an emergency generator.
- Chilled Water piping, direct-buried and in trench.
- Site work, including excavation, sheeting, shoring, retaining walls, concrete screen wall.
ServicesConstruction Quality Management