The new Harbor View Elementary School is an energy efficient, high performance school that was designed to replace an older, underperforming building. The 87,000 SF school contains classrooms, a science facility, a music room, new computer technology and media center, and a combination cafeteria and multi-purpose room.
The building was designed to achieve a minimum LEED Silver Certification from the USGBC.
- High efficiency water source heat pump systems were included to meet the space heating and cooling needs
- The ventilation air requirement was decoupled from the fan coil system, and was provided by multiple dedicated outdoor air handling units that utilize total enthalpy wheels for energy recovery
- The entire building is tied together with an integrated controls system that will allow remote monitoring and control so the building can be operated at its optimal conditions
- RMF’s electrical scope of work for the project includes the provision of all electrical systems including power, lighting, fire alarm and special systems
- The building will be fully sprinkled by an automatic wet sprinkler system in accordance with NFPA 13