This renovation project for UMMC consisted of replacing the anesthesia and equipment booms in 18 operating rooms, installation of two Neptune docking stations in soiled utility rooms, and three sterilizers which were relocated from other areas in hospital. All of the booms within the operating suites were completely replaced per room as follows:
- OR’s 14 through 25: 2 booms with medical gases and power outlets, and two smaller booms with monitor panels.
- OR’s 26 through 30: 3 booms with medical gases and power outlets, and two smaller boom with monitor panels.
- OR 33: one boom with medical gases and power outlets, and two smaller booms with monitor panels.
In addition to the boom replacements, new utilities were provided for the installation of the two Neptune docking stations and accommodations for the three sterilizers. All of the accessible ceiling tiles and grids were replaced, and all lights and HEPA filters were reused. Construction documents included the requirements for Infection Control (ICRA) and Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM) and Contractor Access.All of the work within the OR suites was conducted during normal hospital working hours with only one operating room being down at a time.
- Close coordination with the boom equipment vendor
- HVAC air change rate verification for each operating room
- Upgrade electrical devices to current hospital standards
- Close coordination between the design team and hospital staff to maintain fully operational during construction