Shady Grove Adventist Hospital (SGAH) is part of Adventist HealthCare, an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes hospitals, home health agencies, nursing and rehabilitation centers, and other healthcare services. This full spectrum of services covers a wide range of healthcare needs. SGAH is a 336-licensed bed acute care facility that opened in 1979.
The hospital expansion project is a multi-phased construction and renovation project, which includes approximately 220,000 SF of new construction and 80,000 SF of renovation. Construction and renovation will involve the following major clinical functions: central sterile supply, a 16 OR surgical suite, pre and post-recovery units, new post-partum beds, new medical/surgical beds, new labor and delivery rooms, NICU, new pediatrics beds, new emergency treatment beds, new main and women’s services center entrances and associated site improvements. Phase 2 is a five-story structure that was completed in 2008 in the north east corner of the campus. Phase 3 consists of the interior renovation of floors 1, 2, and 3 of the existing hospital in several sequences.
RMF provided the following commissioning services to turn over a building to SGAH that functions properly:
- Supervise functional testing of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Supervise functional testing of critical Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) and emergency systems.
- Advise Owner of critical areas of non-compliance and recommended course of action.
- Review of plans and specs to identify discrepancies or areas of concern for the Owner.
- Assist in scheduling coordination of existing-to-new hospital building systems.
- On-site field inspection, test observations, and site reports documenting contractor and vendor performance of commissioning requirements.
- Provide review and assessment of Testing and Balancing (TAB) procedures and advise discrepancies from design parameters.
- Provided review and assessment of Automatic Temperature Controls (ATC) and Building Automation System (BAS) integration, and advise on discrepancies and recommend enhancements.