In support of the “Assure/Expand Chilled Water Capacity” project at the NIH Bethesda Campus RMF was contracted to provide full time onsite Construction Quality Management and Commissioning Services. The key components of the Industrial Water Storage System consisted of the following:
- Preparation of site north of Lot 41.
- New five (5) million gallon industrial water storage tank, of reinforced prestressed concrete construction. The IWSS Tank was 115 ft. in diameter and 65 ft. in height.
- New utility building: pumps, piping, related equipment, controls, electrical distribution system, an emergency generator and associated switchgear.
- Industrial Water piping, using direct-buried.
- Site work, including excavation, sheeting, shoring, and retaining walls.
- An adjacent above surface area (ASA) parking lot.
RMF’s CQM services included:
- Construction field inspection, problem solving and safety monitoring.
- Providing activation / occupancy services; including planning, scoping, scheduling and coordinating.
- Resolution of problems throughout the duration of the contract and advising of the Project Officer immediately of any problems, disagreement or potential delays.
- Cost estimating, design reviews and, constructability, value engineering and coordination reviews.
- Oversight of the GC’s utilization of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Monitoring performance schedules of the GC and recommending appropriate action when the GC failed to meet performance milestones, including specific use of Primavera scheduling software.
RMF’s Construction Phase services included:
- Project Management Plan
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) Services
- Constructability reviews
- GC schedule optimization
- GC’s monthly report review
- Project Manual
- Budget control and reporting
- Long lead procurement items
- Meetings and conferences
- Contractor payments
- As-Built drawings
- Change-order negotiations