Duane S. Pinnix, PE, CCP
President & CEO
Areas of expertise: Business leadership and mechanical engineering, design and commissioning for institutional building types in the laboratory and healthcare market sectors as well as mission critical government facilities. Recently, Pinnix has driven the development of RMF’s international projects spanning four continents and over a dozen locations. He routinely provides technical reviews and systems analysis, existing facility condition assessments and problem solving for highly complex systems utilizing new technologies. His experience with a wide range of buildings types from both an engineering and operations perspective offers clients an experience resource or technical advisor for their new endeavors.
Request an Interview
Duane Pinnix has been at the helm of RMF Engineering since becoming majority owner in 1998. He joined the firm 26 years ago as a project engineer, and is responsible for the general oversight of RMF and executive management of its branch offices. Pinnix serves as president of the firm and chairman of the board of directors.
Under his leadership, RMF has evolved significantly. Initially focused solely on mechanical and electrical engineering, Pinnix has helped steer the firm toward becoming nationally recognized for the analysis, planning and design of multifaceted engineering projects serving higher education, healthcare, research and development, and government clients.
With particular expertise in the design and commissioning of mechanical systems for infrastructure and building projects, Pinnix maintains a hands-on role with projects involving complex HVAC systems, including both new installations and phased renovations.
Pinnix holds a bachelor of science in mechanical engineering from The Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering.
- Active Member, AABC Commissioning Group, (ACG)
- Active member, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Active member, Building Commissioning Authority (BCA)
- Active member, The Construction Specifications Institute, (CSI)
- Presenter, Labs21 Annual Conference
- October 2012, Case Study on The New Laboratory of Molecular Biology
- Presenter, 12th National Conference on Building Commissioning
- May 2004, "Commissioning Mission Critical Facilities"
For press inquiries, please contact our PR firm, Vitamin:
Sign up to receive RMF news & updates.